The Youth Coalition | About Us
In March 2018 25 youth organisations and stakeholders in Port Moresby came together to explore the idea of forming a youth coalition or network aimed at progressing youth development in PNG. The enthusiasm for the idea was clear and The Voice Inc was invited to take the idea forward.
The idea is that organisations working together have more influence, more power, more creativity and so more capacity to take on complex development issues in the different spaces we work. And also that we can support each other with energy, motivation, training and opportunities to help each other succeed as organisations.
Our Shared Purpose is: To work collectively to address development issues that affect youth in PNG
We will achieve this by:
Membership is open to organisations and passionate individuals willing to contribute to the Coalition’s shared purpose. Members of the coalition commit to:
- Attend meetings and/or contribute meaningfully as best they can
- Share information, energy and resources (where possible) to achieve the shared purpose
- Adhere to the values and principles listed below
The coalition will aim to reflect the following values with tangible processes not just words:
I. Diversity – respecting and celebrating the different value of member organisation
II. Equity – acknowledging power imbalances within the coalition and striving to balance these.
III. Openness – to be honest about our needs from the coalition and each other
IV. Mutual Benefit – to understand and attempt to share the benefits (and risks) for each member
V. Courage – to venture into the unknown with this new idea and to gain strength from each other to face challenges and stay motivated in our work
What The Voice Inc. brings to the coalition:
- Secretariat support: initiating gatherings, distributing documents etc.
- Website page and other platforms (e.g. Clean Gen Magazine) to promote Coalition activities
- Sharing access to our leadership training and content
If you would like to join the Youth Coalition please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat.
Alternatively download the ‘Membership Agreement’, fill in and email back to email@example.com
- Youth NGO Workshop Presentation – March 2018
- Youth NGO Workshop Report – March 2018
- Youth Coalition Formation Event Presentation – June 2018
- What is the PNG Youth Coalition?
- How Change Happens Book – Duncan
- Influencing for Change – Thomas Paka
- Effective Partnerships – Partnerships Brokers Association
- Leadership, Coalition and How Change Happens – Chris Roche
Youth Coalition Strategic Group Notes
- Youth Survey- Voice and Drug and Alcohol Law or you can complete the survey online via Survey Monkey.